There may be some debate around the credibility of an expert or influencer, but like it or not they exist and personally we feel lucky to have so many amazing influencers in the sales industry. These people are the top of their game and spend every day helping sales people learn, develop, grow and succeed. Their knowledge and experience is priceless and if you’re not following all of them then you’re missing out on a great opportunity.
Through polls held on The Daily Sales social media pages to our audience of over 120,000 and along with quality of content shared (books, blogs, podcasts, videos, posts) we’ve compiled the ultimate list of the top 50 sales experts & influencers of 2017. This isn’t a list based on random social scores or how much someone is posting on social media, it’s based on who YOU follow and who YOU believe deserve to be on this list.
We would like to say a massive well done to everyone on the list and would highly recommend that if you’re not already following them that you do right now! Their expertise and content may just help you smash your target this month! Make sure you’re following The Daily Sales and subscribed to our newsletter to receive the up to date list each year.
Let’s kick of the list:
1) Grant Cardone – We would probably argue right now Grant Cardone leads the pack in the sales expert space. He dominates the book, social and training space within the sales world and his energetic approach is infectious. One of the most inspirational people on this list.
2) Anthony Iannarino – He’s known as the smartest man in sales and it’s certainly a well earned title. His blog, podcast and recent book are loved by many. He is the author of one of the most popular sales blogs online “The Sales Blog” and one of the leading sales books around today “The Only Sales Guide You’ll Ever Need”.
3) Jeb Blount – The founder of Sales Gracy and author of 6 popular sales books including his most recent “Sales EQ”, Jeb Blount is one of the leading experts in sales right now. Labelled the “hardest working man” in sales his content is well worth following.
4) Mike Weinberg – Author of the very good book “New Sales Simplified”, Mike is a global sales coach and author of an award winning sales blog. Along with reading his books make sure you check out his blog and sign up to his subscription email for great sales content.
5) Mark Hunter – The Sales Hunter himself, Mark is the author of “High Profit Prospecting” and one of the leading speakers in the sales space. Whether it’s speaking at major sales events or writing amazing content online, Mark is definitely one to follow.
6) Jill Konrath – Jill is an author, speaker and well known thought leader in the sales industry. Her career is defined by her relentless search for fresh strategies that actually work in today’s sales world.Join over 140,000 sales people following her content every day!
7) Jim Keenan – Energetic, forceful, inspiring, engaging, entertaining, and insightful, Keenan is one of the top sales minds around today. His down to earth but super realistic approach to sales training help him reach more people around the world. Definitely one of our personal favourites!
8) Max Altschuler – Max Altschuler is an entrepreneur, sales hacker, and helps B2B tech startups build high velocity sales machines. Through his position at Sales Hacker, Max gets to help salespeople build modern processes and ramp up revenue.
9) Trish Bertuzzi – Author of “The Sales Development Playbook” Trish has promoted inside sales as a community, profession, and engine for revenue growth. Trish sits on most sales influencer and expert lists and rightly so!
10) Lee Bartlett – Another one of our personal favourites, author of “The No.1 Best Seller” Lee is a true sales legend and sales expert. Lee sees through the fluff that plagues the sales book and content world and cuts straight through it with real experience and advice.
11) Jill Rowley – One of the single greatest leaders of the social selling space Jill is also one of our personal favourite sales speakers. Jill can command any crowd and provides insight that helps sales professionals everywhere.
12) Jeffrey Gitomer – Writing nothing less than “The Sales Bible” Jeffrey is a sales legend and known as “The King Of Sales”! With amazing sales content and one of the best websites around, he’s definitely one to make sure you’re following!
13) Deb Calvert – Author of the best selling book “DISCOVER Questions® Get You Connected” which has been named one of The 20 Most Highly-Rated Sales Books of All Time’ by HubSpot, curated from Amazon. Deb is the founder of The Sales Experts Channel and another key influencer to follow.
14) Marc Benioff – Marc Benioff is an American internet entrepreneur, author and philanthropist. He is the founder, chairman and CEO of Salesforce, one of the largest enterprise cloud computing companies in the world and a true expert within the sales industry.
15) Jack Kosakowski – If you haven’t heard of Jack Kosakowski, where have you been?! One of the leading experts in the social selling and sales space, Jack creates some of the best blog and video content on the internet.
16) Gary Vaynerchuk – Whilst not specifically a sales expert, Gary Vee is a social and business genius and has a very firm grip on the sales industry. His interviews with leading sales minds and relentless social content earn him a place on this list.
17) Gerhard Gschwandtner – Gerhard Gschwandtner is the founder and CEO of Selling Power, a media company that produces the award-winning Selling Power magazine and Selling Power TV, a daily video interview series on sales success.
18) Alice Heiman – Alice Heiman is the founder and Chief Sales Officer of Alice Heiman LLC. Her clients have seen 30-to-75% increases in their sales over the time that they have worked together. Check out her social networks and blog for amazing sales content.
19) Matt Heinz – Prolific author and nationally recognised, award-winning blogger, Matt Heinz is President and Founder of Heinz Marketing with 15 years of marketing, business development and sales experience. Matt is a repeat winner of Top 50 Most Influential People in Sales Lead Management and Top 50 Sales & Marketing Influencers.
20) Mike Kunkle – Mike Kunkle is a training and organisation effectiveness leader with special expertise in sales force transformation and the founder/CEO and chief sales transformation strategist at Transforming Sales Results, LLC.
21) Koka Sexton – The founder of social selling himself, former LinkedIn leader Koka is now helping Hootsuite spread the message of social success. His passion for all things social make him a huge resource to any sales rep wanting to use social to increase sales.
22) Lori Richardson – Lori Richardson is the CEO & Founder of Score More Sales. She created the company in 2002 to help businesses grow revenues through strategic sales efforts, using lessons learned from 20 years in B2B sales and leadership roles.
23) James Muir – James is the author of The Perfect Close: The Secret to Closing Sales – The Best Selling Practices & Techniques for Closing the Deal. His content and interviews are some of the best out there and his website packs some impressive tips and eBooks.
24) Tony J Hughes – Perhaps one of the most influential sales experts on LinkedIn, Tony turned his experience into one of the most successful sales blogs online. Tony is the author to the best selling sales book “The Joshua Principle” and upcoming book “COMBO Prospecting”.
25) Graham Hawkins – Graham is the Founder and CEO of SalesTribe, the world’s first career transition management company designed specifically to assist B2B sales people who require career guidance.
26) Chris Murray – Author of The Extremely Successful Salesman’s Club (which has been heralded as the Da Vinci Code for salespeople) ,Selling with EASE and The Sales Managers Guide to Achieving FAME, Chris is another legend in the sales industry and a must follow for great content.
27) Tibor Shanto – Tibor Shanto is a 25-year veteran of B2B sales, Tibor has developed an insider’s hands on perspective of successful sales execution. Called a brilliant sales tactician Tibor shows organizations and sales professionals how to leverage their sales process to shorten sales cycles, increase close ratios, and create double digit growth through execution and using the right combination strategy, tools, metrics, tactical execution of the sales process.
28) Jack Mizel – The CEO of The ISM (Institute of Sales Management), Jack may not have as much content as others on this list but his knowledge and experience probably far exceeds them. Check out some of the great interviews and look out for future content.
29) Nancy Nardin – Nancy Nardin is a nationally recognized thought leader on sales and marketing productivity tools. Her firm, Smart Selling Tools – of which she is the founder and President – is dedicated to helping marketers and sellers apply process and technology to drive revenue.
30) Morgan Ingram – Host of The SDR Chronicles which provides motivation, tactics and skills for all aspects of your SDR Journey, Morgan is a real life practitioner and one of the few experts who is still live in the field right now. Make sure you check out The SDR Chronicles on YouTube!
31) Ryan Stewman – The Hardcore Closer, Ryan packs a punch when delivering a huge variety of content including blogs, podcasts, videos and status’s. He’s a raw down to earth sales expert who is inspiring millions around the world to sell more!
32) Brian Burns – Host of The Brutal Truth About Sales & Selling podcast, Brian knows how to help people sell. He brings knowledge, experience and humour together to create content that everyone can enjoy! Check out his profiles, podcasts and amazing YouTube videos.
33) Elinor Stutz – Elinor comes with a whole suite of endorsements including “Top 1% Influencer” – Kred.com“, One of the Top Innovative Sales Blogs” – NowISeeIt and BizzHum, “One of the Brightest Sales Minds to Follow On Twitter” – CEO World Magazine“ and “Top Sales Influencer” – Inside View and Open View Labs.
34) Ken Krogue – Inside Sales Evangelist, Founder of InsideSales.com. Social Media Missionary. Tips, Webinars, Research, and Best Practices for Selling Remotely.Ken is a one of the world’s top author of eBooks and blog articles on Inside Sales using Social Selling, and weekly contributor for Forbes.com.
35) Tom Hopkins – To be competitive in today’s challenging marketplace, companies and organisations turn to Tom Hopkins for selling skills training. A renowned expert like Tom brings pride, credibility, and integrity to the position of sales representative.
36) Wes Schaeffer – Ruthlessly Pragmatic sales trainer, marketing consultant, keynote speaker, copy writer, InfusionSoft expert, Doer. Nothing happens until a sale is made. A sale cannot be made until a prospect has been identified.
37) Barbara Giamanco – A keynote speaker, best-selling author, sales and social media strategist, corporate webcast host to top technology companies and the host of the popular Razor’s Edge podcast bringing the world’s experts in business, sales, marketing and service to you. Consistently recognised as a Top 25 Influential Leader in Sales, a Top 25 Sales Influencer on Twitter and one of Top Sales World’s Top 50 Sales and Marketing Influencers.
38) Andy Paul – Host of the Accelerate! sales podcast, blogger to more than 105,000 people who follow my articles and author of two award-winning, bestselling books, Amp Up Your Sales and Zero-Time Selling. Andy is a true sales great and source of some of the best sales content out there.
39) Brynne Tillman – Brynne is a social and digital selling expert and author of “The LinkedIn Playbook. On top of this, along with a suite of sales legends, Brynne has recently started up Vengreso, a global social company, as Chief Learning Officer.
40) Daniel Disney – It would be wrong for us not to recognise The Daily Sales founder Daniel Disney in this list. Building an audience of over 100,000 sales followers in less than a year as well as writing one of the most popular sales blogs, Daniel is one of very few people to create and share content seen and liked by millions of sales people across the world every single month.
41) John Smibert – John leads three related organisations, Custell, Strategic Selling Group and Sales Masterminds APAC. On top of that he writes regular sales blogs and interviews some of the leading sales minds. Another key sales expert well worth following.
42) Larry Levine – Larry is as down to earth and as honest as they come which is very refreshing in the sales space. His passion for sales and social is relentless and his content provides valuable insight that we certainly enjoy reading along with the many who follow him.
43) Joanne Black – Identified by Rise Global as America’s Top Referral Selling Expert and author of “No More Cold Calling”, Joanne is a true advocate for referral based selling. Writing amazing content and providing top sales tips, Joanne is one to follow!
44) Steli Efti – Steli is CEO and Co-Founder of Close.io (a platform that makes calls, sends emails, and conveniently automatically tracks all activity) and ElasticSales, where he helps thousands of startups succeed in scaling their sales efforts.
45) Mario J Martinez Jr – Mario is a truly driven and passionate sales expert who is focused on helping the sales world embrace social. Writing some amazing sales content and hosting “The Selling With Social” podcast he’s one to follow.
46) Johnathan Farrington – Jonathan Farrington is a globally recognised business coach, mentor, author and sales thought leader, who has guided hundreds of companies and thousands of individuals around the world towards optimum performance levels. He is the Senior Partner at Jonathan Farrington & Associates, based in London and Paris, and also the CEO of Top Sales World.
47) Matt Sykes – Author of “Sales Glue” and one of the leading sales trainers and coaches across the globe, Matt provides a very fresh approach to motivating and inspiring sales people. His very engaging content and brilliant book are a must have for sales reps.
48) Lee Salz – Founder of Sales Architects, Lee B. Salz is a leading sales management strategist specialising in building processes in companies. He has helped hundreds of companies, in various industries and sizes, create marketplace disruption.
49) Jordan Belfort – The wolf of wall street himself, whilst some may question his rise to sales fame one thing can’t be denied, he knows sales and knows how to do it well. After serving time Jordan is now a passionate ethical seller and is touring the world helping people sell.
50) Jamie Shanks – One of the leading minds in Social Selling, author of “Social Selling Mastery” and founder of Sales For Life, Jamie is a true sales icon. Helping tens of thousands of people across the world leverage social media to increase sales, Jamie is leading the social revolution.
As we said at the start these are the people in sales to follow. Check out their websites, subscribe to the email content, follow their social pages and utilise their knowledge, expertise and influence to help boost your sales this month!
Make sure you’re also follow The Daily Sales pages on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for the latest sales content each and every day!